Microsoft Word 2007 Level 2
Buffalo Dates: 7/10/2013, 8/29/2013, 10/16/2013, 11/27/2013
Rochester Dates: 8/27/2013, 11/20/2013
Length: 1 day
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Description: In the first course in this series, Microsoft Office Word 2007: Level 1, you gained all the basic skills that you need to create a wide range of standardized business documents. If you use Microsoft Word 2007 on a regular basis, then once you have mastered the basic skills, the next step is to improve your proficiency. To do so, you can customize and automate the way Microsoft Word 2007 works for you. You can also improve the quality of your work by enhancing your documents with customized Microsoft Word 2007 elements. In this course, you will create complex documents in Microsoft Word 2007 by adding components such as, customized lists, tables, charts, and graphics. You will also create personalized Microsoft Word 2007 efficiency tools.
Course Objective: You will create complex documents in Microsoft Office Word 2007 documents and build personalized efficiency tools in Microsoft Word 2007.
Target Student: This course was designed for persons who can create and modify standard business documents in Microsoft Word 2007, and who need to learn how to use Microsoft Word 2007 to create or modify complex business documents as well as customized Word efficiency tools. It will be helpful for persons preparing for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist exams for Microsoft Word 2007.
Students should be able to use Microsoft Word 2007 to create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents that contain text, basic tables, and simple graphics. Students can obtain this level of skill by taking the following course:
- Office Word 2007: Level 1
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- manage lists.
- customize tables and charts.
- present a professional appearance to your documents by customizing formatting.
- customize styles for document elements.
- modify pictures in a document.
- create customized graphic elements.
- structure content using Quick Parts.
- control text flow.
- automate common tasks.
- automate document creation.
- perform mail merges.
Full Course Outline
- Lesson 1: Managing Lists
- Lesson 2: Customizing Tables and Charts
- Lesson 3: Customizing Character and Paragraph Formats
- Lesson 4: Customizing Styles for Document Elements
- Lesson 5: Modifying Pictures
- Lesson 6: Creating Customized Graphic Elements
- Lesson 7: Structuring Content Using Quick Parts
- Lesson 8: Controlling Text Flow
- Lesson 9: Automating Tasks
- Lesson 10: Automating Document Creation
- Lesson 11: Automating Mail Merges