Microsoft Project 2007 Web Access
Buffalo Dates: Please call for availability
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
Length: 1 Day
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Effective communication between team members is essential for the successful completion of any project. A Microsoft Enterprise Project Management solution provides the framework for electronically creating and managing projects. In this course, you will use Microsoft® Office Project 2007 to access project information located on a server, as well as to report progress on assigned project tasks.
Course Objective: You will view and manage project related information.
Target Student: This course is designed for individuals who will need to interact with the Project Server environment to update project progress, view project and resource information, and manage tasks and their issues and risks.
Students enrolling in this class should have an understanding of project management concepts and knowledge of a Windows operating system and a Web browser.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use Project Web Access (PWA) to connect to the Project Server and alter the email notification settings.
- view task assignments using the My Tasks page, modify various view options, and print task information.
- enter task progress, reject and delegate task assignments, create new task assignments, and self-assign existing project tasks.
- work with status reports.
- post and locate the risks, issues, and documents associated with a project.
- view and analyze project status using enterprise tools
Full Course Outline
Lesson 1: Using Project Web Access
Lesson 2: Viewing Tasks in the Tasks Page
Lesson 3: Updating Task Assignments
Lesson 4: Submitting Status Reports
Lesson 5: Managing Risks, Issues, and Documents
Lesson 6: Viewing Project Status Within the Enterprise