M6463 ASP.NET 3.5
Buffalo Dates: Please call for availability
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
Length: 2 Days
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Description: This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to create a fully functional Web application by using ASP.NET 3.5.
Target Student: This course is intended for application developers who know how to create applications in Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.
Prerequisites: Before attending this course, students should have intermediate experience developing applications by using previous versions of Microsoft Visual Studio at level 2000.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to create dynamic Web pages by using ASP.NET.
- Manage state, handle requests, and improve accessibility by using the features of ASP.NET.
- Configure an ASP.NET application by using .config files
- Create a user interface on an ASP.NET page by using standard Web server controls.
- Create a user control and a custom server control and add them to an ASP.NET page.
- Access and manipulate data from different sources by using ADO.NET 3.5.
- Access and manipulate data from Windows Communication Foundation services or Web services.
- Present data to the user by placing data-bound controls on an ASP.NET page.
- Improve page responsiveness by using the ASP.NET AJAX controls.
- Interact with the user, access services, and access the AJAX client-side library by using client scripts.
- Find and eliminate bugs in an ASP.NET application.
- Deploy an ASP.NET application to a production Web server.
- Write pages that adapt to the capabilities of mobile devices.
- Utilize controls that adapt to the capabilities of mobile devices.
Full Course Outline
Module 1: Getting Started with ASP.NET 3.5
Module 2: Implementing a User Interface with ASP.NET Server Controls
Module 3: Displaying and Manipulating Data in ASP.NET 3.5
Module 4: Creating Responsive Pages by Using Client-Side Technologies
Module 5: Debugging and Deploying ASP.NET Applications
Module 6: Writing ASP.NET Applications for Mobile Devices