M50141A Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Technical Training
Buffalo Dates: Please call for availability
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
Length: 4 Days
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Description: This four-day, instructor-led workshop provides students with the knowledge and skills to architect and build Business Intelligence (BI) solutions by using Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007. This session covers both Monitoring and Analytics and Planning. Through extensive hands-on exercises, participants will build on their base knowledge.
This course is intended for experienced technical and solution architects PLUS training partners who have experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005; OR
- ProClarity Analytics Server; AND
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2000/2005
Also important is some practical experience with Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server (CTP) releases as well as solid knowledge of Financial Management processes such as Planning, Budgeting, and Financial Reporting.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Technical experience with architecting BI solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Server 2000 and 2005
- Experience building Data Warehouses
- Experience building Cubes
- Experience building scorecards and dashboards Financial accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services and MOSS
- Experience with the ProClarity Analytics product line
Please see attached course outline for additonal prerequisites.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe PerformancePoint Server architecture.
- Recognize where PerformancePoint Solutions fit into the Microsoft BI Solution stack.
- Create end-to-end planning applications.
- Create end-to-end M and A applications.
- Integrate PPS applications with other BI technologies.
Full Course Outline
Module 1: Product Vision
Module 2: Architecture
Module 3: Application Basics
Module 4: Models and Dimensions
Module 5: Data Integration
Module 6: Business Roles/Data Security
Module 7: Forms/Reports
Module 8: Process Management
Module 9: Rules and Calculations
Module 10: Intro/Architecture/Requirements
Module 11: Fundamentals
Module 12: Elements
Module 13: Dashboards
Module 14: Security