Oracle Database 11g: New & Advanced Features for Developers
Buffalo Dates: Please call for availability
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Target Student: The target audience for this course is senior application developers. Using these features one can rely upon less-frequently used database options to extend the capabilities and flexibility of business applications
The following courses are mandatory prerequisites:
- ORACLE DATABASE 11g: INTRODUCTION TO SQL
- ORACLE DATABASE 11g: PROGRAM WITH PL/SQL
The purpose of this two-volume training course is to present some of the most advanced features available to database developers. Many of these features are either newly available with the Oracle 11g release or have been substantially improved with that release. Among the specific subjects presented in this course are:
- Creating and using directory objects within the database.
- A comprehensive look at all index types available when building an application schema, including B-tree internals, function-based, compressed, reverse key, invisible, linguistic, bitmap and bitmap join indexes.
- A comprehensive look at all table types available when building an application schema, including heap-organized tables, index clusters, hash clusters, index-organized tables, external tables, temporary tables, read-only and compressed tables.
- Advanced SQL hierarchal data processing capabilities available from the CONNECT BY PRIOR and related language structures.
- Enhanced SQL and transactional capabilities, including asynchronous commits, DML error trapping and use of regular expressions.
- How to use the result cache to achieve dramatic performance improvement for frequently executed SQL queries and PL/SQL functions.
- Enhancements to the PL/SQL programming language and coding capabilities.
- New and advanced SQL language application development capabilities.
- Review the goals of change management, change assurance and how these are implemented with Real Application Testing technology available with the Oracle 11g database.
- An entire volume has been dedicated to Real Application Testing Learn how to perform the capture of a production database workload while not interfering with the applications or users involved.
- Learn how to replay the production workload on a test database configuration, providing a real-world test of how an actual application will function in an envisioned database configuration.
- Learn how to configure clients which will simulate the network interaction of real-world users in a test configuration.
- Perform a detailed analysis of application execution within proposed database configurations to assess whether the application performance will progress or regress as a result of the proposed change.
- Use the SQL Performance Analyzer tool to measure progression or regression of individual SQL statements under a proposed database configuration, providing a detailed level of change assurance before the change ever occurs.
Full Course Outline
USING SQL DEVELOPER ORACLE SQL*PLUS
MOVING DATA: EXPORT IMPORT
INDEXES WITHIN THE APPLICATION SCHEMA
ADVANCED TABLES: CLUSTERS IOTS
ADVANCED TABLES: EXTERNAL TABLES
ADVANCED TABLES: SPECIALIZED TABLES
USING THE DATABASE RESULT CACHE
SQL NEW & ADVANCED FEATURES
PL/SQL PROGRAMMING ENHANCEMENTS
CONFIGURE THE REPLAY DATABASE
SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER