Microsoft Excel Introduction to VBA
Buffalo Dates: Please call for availability
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
Length: 1 day
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Description: In the previous Excel courses, you used Excel to simplify business tasks, including the creation of spreadsheets, graphs, charts, and formulas that were difficult to create and nearly impossible to maintain using pencil and paper. You now want to simplify your work in the Excel environment by automating many of the repetitive tasks that are part of the spreadsheet development. In this course, you will apply the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language to simplify many of the tasks that you can perform using various tools and functions in Excel.
Course Objective: You will apply automation to job tasks in Microsoft Office Excel.
Target Student: Advanced Microsoft Excel professionals who need to automate Excel spreadsheet tasks using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel 2003, 2007, including how to create, edit, format, and print worksheets that contain charts, and sorted and filtered data.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create, edit, and debug a macro.format worksheets using macros.
- create an interactive worksheet.
- work with multiple worksheets.
- perform calculations.
Full Course Outline
- Lesson 1: Developing Macros
- Lesson 2: Formatting Worksheets Using Macros
- Lesson 3: Creating an Interactive Worksheet
- Lesson 4: Working with Multiple Worksheets
- Lesson 5: Performing Calculations