Understanding the Microsoft Solutions Framework
Buffalo Dates: Please call for availability
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
Length: 2 Day
Delivery Method: Instructor-Led (classroom)
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Description: This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to utilize the Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) in their development projects. This course focuses on the business need for MSF, and how MSF concepts can be utilized to increase organizational efficiency. This course also introduces the student to Visual Studio Team System and Team Foundation Server which are used throughout the course to reinforce the concepts of the course
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Solutions Framework.
- Map the Microsoft Solutions Framework into business needs.
- Apply Microsoft Solutions Framework techniques to software development challenges.
- Effectively utilize Visual Studio Team System to implement a project based on the Microsoft Solutions Framework.
- Utilize Team Foundation Server to track and manage development projects.
Target Student: This course is intended for intermediate and experienced programmers with a minimum of one year of programming experience utilizing Microsoft development tools. This course is also well suited for Technology-Influencing Business Decision Makers (TI-BDMs).
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Familiarity with various agile software development methodologies such as Scrum, Paired Programming, and eXtreme Programming, as well as traditional waterfall methodologies ·
- Familiarity with the Microsoft .NET Framework
Full Course Outline
Module 1: Introduction to the Microsoft Solutions Framework
Module 2: Managing Project Risk
Module 3: The MSF Team Model
Module 4: The MSF GovernanceModel
Module 5: MSF Work Items
Module 6: Workstreams within MSF