Microsoft Windows 7 Level 1
Buffalo Dates: 7/8/2013, 10/22/2013
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
Length: 1 Day
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Description: This course is the first in a series of two Microsoft Windows 7 courses. This course will provide you with the basic skills needed to get started with personal computers and work with the various features, tools, and options available in the Windows 7 operating system. In this course, you will familiarize yourself with the Windows 7 environment, customize Windows 7, and manage folders and files. You will also work with simple tools and browse the Internet using Internet Explorer 8.
Course Objective: You will log on to Windows 7, explore its interface, identify the different components in the interface, customize the Windows 7 desktop, manage files and folders, use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7, and browse the Internet.
Target Student: This course is designed for any worker, business professional, or private individual who needs knowledge in operating systems and file management skills.
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of personal computers
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- log on to Windows 7, explore its interface, and identify the different components present in the interface.
- customize the Windows 7 desktop.
- manage files and folders.
- use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7.
Full Course Outline
Lesson 1: Exploring Windows 7
Lesson 2: Customizing the Windows 7 Desktop
Lesson 3: Managing Folders and Files
Lesson 4: Using Common Tools and Programs in Windows 7
Lesson 5: Browsing the Internet