CompTIA Strata Green IT
Buffalo Dates: Please call for availability
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Description: You will establish an effective green IT strategy that can help your organization become more energy efficient and environmentally responsible.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- develop a foundation for an effective green IT strategy by describing concepts of green IT and creating a performance baseline.
- describe the components that work together in a green infrastructure.
- describe the various initiatives you can take to make the best of your technologies and reduce power and waste.
- develop a green IT proposal and justify the cost of the solution.
Target Student: This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have decision-making authority for their company's IT infrastructure, who do not have significant prior experience or training in green IT-specific standards, technologies, and practices, and who face the need to establish sound green IT practices in their organization. The student should have mastery of baseline technical concepts such as those presented in standard industry certifications such as CompTIA A+ and Server+, as well as a working understanding of network technology.
Prerequisites: Working knowledge and hands-on experience with personal computers, client/server network configurations, and computer components, including the ability to install, configure, upgrade, and maintain basic hardware and software components on computers in both desktop/workstation and server roles.
Full Course Outline
Lesson 1: Basics of Green IT
Topic 1A: Relevance of Green IT
Topic 1B: Green Initiatives
Topic 1C: Assess Your Environmental Impact
Lesson 2: The Green IT Infrastructure
Topic 2A: Select Hardware for Deployment
Topic 2B: Virtualization Technology
Lesson 3: Reduction Initiatives
Topic 3A: Reduce Power Via Hardware
Topic 3B: Reduce Power Via Software
Topic 3C: Green Facilities and Renewable Power
Topic 3D: Implement Material Saving Practices
Topic 3E: Implement Green Workforce Policies
Topic 3F: Implement Recycling and Disposal Techniques
Lesson 4: Develop a Green IT Proposal
Topic 4A: Establish a Green Strategy
Topic 4B: Assess Cost Effectiveness
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA Strata Green IT FC0-GR1 Exam Objectives Appendix B: CompTIA Strata Green IT Acronyms