CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
Buffalo Dates: Please call for availability
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
Length: 5 Days
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Objective: You will examine advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that pertain to enterprise-level security.
Target Student: This course is targeted toward an IT professional that has the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. Students aspiring to CASP certification should have a minimum of 10 years experience including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
Prerequisites: While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA intends the CASP certification to serve as an add-on to the CompTIA Security certification, or equivalent technical experience. Recommended courses (or the equivalent certifications): CompTIA Security+ is strongly recommended. CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach for All 2009 Exam Objectives (Windows 7) and CompTIA Network+ will also be helpful.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify enterprise security fundamentals.
- apply enterprise security technology solutions.
- identify enterprise resource technologies and the potential security implications for these resources.
- design security solutions.
- identify application security design issues such as best practices for development and testing as well as threat mitigation techniques.
- manage risk, security policies, and security procedures within an enterprise.
- integrate security solutions within an enterprise.
- conduct security research and analysis.
Full Course Outline
Lesson 1: The Enterprise Security Architecture
Lesson 2: Enterprise Security Technology
Lesson 3: Enterprise Resource Technology
Lesson 4: Security Design and Solutions
Lesson 5: Application Security Design
Lesson 6: Managing Risk, Security Policies, and Security Procedures
Lesson 7: Enterprise Security Integration
Lesson 8: Security Research and Analysis