M40008A: Updating your Database Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Buffalo Dates: 7/15/2013 - 7/17/2013, 11/13/2013 - 11/15/2013
Rochester Dates: Please call for availability
Length: 3 days
* Discounting may be available for multiple students attending from the same organization and for private training classes; contact us for more information.
Course Description: This three-day instructor-led course provides existing SQL Server database professionals with the knowledge and skills to use new and enhanced capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
Target Student: This course is intended for database professionals with experience of using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience of creating and managing database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key new and enhanced features in SQL Server 2012.
- Install SQL Server 2012.
- Use enhanced tools and PowerShell support to manage SQL Server 2012.
- Use enhanced Transact-SQL and storage capabilities to develop SQL Server 2012 databases.
- Use new and enhanced performance capabilities to optimize a SQL Server 2012 database.
- Use new availability and data recovery technologies to provide high availability.
- Use new and enhanced security capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
- Use SQL Azure.
- Describe new Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
Full Course Outline
Module 1: Introducing SQL Server 2012
Module 2: Installing SQL Server 2012
Module 3: Managing SQL Server 2012
Module 4: Developing SQL Server 2012 Databases
Module 5: Performance and Tuning Enhancements
Module 6: High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements
Module 7: Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Module 8: Extending Data Solutions to the Cloud
Module 9: Overview of BI Enhancements in SQL Server 2012